Thursday, October 10, 2024

Midwives: Care Throughout the Lifespan

When thinking of a midwife, the first thought of many is the extraordinary care they provide to mother and child before, during and after delivery. But let us not forget the expert and compassionate care they provide to gynecologic patients as well. Today, we share Diana’s story:

“I was a nurse for 40 years and worked with Jenny Taubel when she was just getting started. In working with her, it was so easy to see the rapport that she had with her patients. It just so happened at that time I didn’t have an OB/GYN, and one day I just asked her if she’d be my provider. ‘Of course!’ she said, and that’s kind of how we started. She’s such a sweet person, so easy to get along with and easy to talk to. She listens to your story, listens to the problem, and then she gives you the options. And she takes her time with you and forms a bond. Having been through some tough times herself, she has such empathy. I drive from Fond du Lac to see her and I’d drive a lot further if I had to. I just love her to death.”

Note: Diana has been retired for three years now. With grandkids involved in sports and in the arts, she keeps busy indeed. She and her husband love to ride their motorcycle. They have been involved with a group that rides for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, 232 bikes strong and growing. This year riders raised $1,300,000 for St. Jude.

No comments:

Post a Comment