Monday, August 5, 2024

The Circle of Care: The Patients Speak

In a recent blog we asked our providers to share what the Circle of Care means to them. Following this, we asked our patients to do the same. Some of their stories are brief, some lengthy, but all contain powerful messages and are told with an authentic, genuine voice.

Today, we share Paula's story:

“I needed to have an in-office surgery performed by Dr. Yarroch for some postmenopausal bleeding I had been having. Needless to say, I was extremely scared as I’d never had this problem before, but the staff at Women’s Care was unbelievably compassionate. A week before the procedure Sarah, Dr. Yarroch’s nurse, called me and explained what was going to be done, explaining that it could be performed under nitrous oxide. On the morning of the procedure, Heather (the CMA) got me checked in and again went over exactly what was going to be happening. For whatever reason the nitrous didn’t work as planned for me, possibly because I was so anxious, so after the nerve blocks were placed, Sarah stood next to me throughout the entire procedure, explaining exactly what Dr. Yarroch was doing and why. Whenever there was a gap in the conversation, she continued to ask me questions to keep the conversation going just to keep my mind off what was happening and it worked like a charm. In no time at all I heard Dr. Yarroch say 'Okay, that’s it, we’re finished.' I couldn’t believe I had made it through. Dr. Yarroch, Sarah and Heather kept reassuring me throughout the entire procedure of how well I was doing and how much longer it would be before we were finished. All three of these women made what was an extremely stressful situation for me so much more bearable. 

I truthfully can’t say enough good things about these women!”

No comments:

Post a Comment